Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another W.I.P Wednesday

  Let me start off by saying that it is hard for me to do one thing for a very long time. Before I can finish with one thing I am already thinking about the next 4 or 5 things that need to be done or that I want to do.  That has taken on a whole new meaning with creating, sewing, and quilting.

I put done the scrappy comic strip quilt because it had become a disaster. Then I started on the sparkle mini quilt for new found enthusiasm. I know what you are thinking, know I have not put it down, 
"it has evolved".  First I thought I should make it a lap size quilt instead off a mini.  Then I got freakin tired of cutting and sewing so many 2" squares then splitting them and then sewing the mixed matched fabric together, etc,etc. 

So now it has evolved from a lap sized sparkle quilt to a picnic sized quilt with a sparkle.  My aunt called and asked if I could make her a picnic quilt so this will be it. 

This is what I have done so far.

The plan is to add another plain white 3" around each side and another 4" boarder of each color pattern.

I would like to finish this by the end of next week. Quilted and binded along with the Scrappy Comic Strip quilt.



5 comments:

  1. I am the same way - always thinking ahead! Your quilt is looking great - good luck finishing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute project. Love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be a great little picnic quilt, Shankevia! It's hard to stick with one project, isn't it? There's always something else I'm longing to try!

    ReplyDelete