Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Humble Beginnings

     When the idea of starting "The Quilting Diaries began, I imagined a very nicely put together blog space like some of those that I follow such as Cluck Cluck Sew, Mama Love Quilts, and tons of others.  As you can see I have not achieved that yet. However, I am not dismayed. I am embracing my imperfections as a quilter and blogger with the hope of taking you with me as I journey to greatness:).

So here are the square circles that I cut out for Israel's Super Hero quilt using the comic fabric by Camelot Cotton. I did a great job at cutting them. I was so proud. The plan for the middle was to use a solid color. Then I had another idea and things went wrong.


 It seemed that it would be really interesting to use the corners mixed/matched instead of a sold color. Once the quilt started coming together it did not look so interesting to me but a mess.  However, Israel loves it and is just ready for me to be finished.  I will surely post a pic of the final product, that will be the perfect example of my humble beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment