Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Few Hours For Me

    I am sure that most of us mothers and wives can testify to the simpler days of singleness.  The time before a husband and children. Your time was yours and yours alone.  I would go out to lunch, window shopping, to a movie or to the park to read a book alone, and it was great. No constant screams of "MOMMY" or "babe, where did you put my (fill in the blank)".  Don't get me wrong, I love being a wife and a mother.  However, we women that hold the titles of wife, mother, teacher, cook, working mom, etc. we still need our time.  For the longest, I think that I told myself that there was no time for me because there were so many things that needed to be done.  We'll this past week I was on the verge of a melt down.  So Sunday, I left the boys at home with daddy and caught the bus and train to Atlantic station ALONE.  I played with the sample makeup at Victoria Secrets, some smell goods from Bath and Body Works, and walked around in H&M and purchased a few assessares.


After visiting 1or 2 other stores I had lunch at Rosa Mexicano Restaurant. I had the Crab Turnovers which were pretty good. The guacamole that came on the side was the best next to my own of course. 


After lunch, I sat on a bench to read and watched kids play on the green.  Then it was time for desert at Cafe nineteen where I saw some friends of mine. My dessert of choice was the chocolate layered cake with more chocolate ice cream like icing than cake, but who complains about chocolate.  I wish I had a picture of it to show you but I got caught up in spending time with myself.
     Although I enjoyed myself, I was tired when I got home. But because of the satisfaction of the time spent, I was more than happy to see my little men and big man to cook dinner for them. It was a lovely day. Its because of that time that I have been a better mother and wife at home.  So, wife, mother, or whatever your title is, take some time for you this week. I know I am and can not wait.






No comments:

Post a Comment