Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Catching Up


     We as a family are approaching our first full year as members of the Anglican Church. Coming from a pentecostal, apostolic, charismatic background it was very scary for me. I did not understand any of it and thought that my husband was trying to convert us to Roman Catholicism. There are still a few things that I am not sure I agree with.  However, the great thing about the Anglican community is that those disagreements do not disqualify me as an Anglican or a Christian.
     This week is the first week of Advent. I am genuinely excited about what this season means for the church at large, and what I expect it to mean for my family.  It has added a meaningful tradition of celebration that I pray will never cease to enhance our faith as a family. I've always wanted to have a family tradition that the family gathered around year after year. This year the traditional Christmas Tree, will from now on be the Jesse Tree. Everyday we will add an ornament depicting the store of Jesus.
     We still have some things to gather before we start but by Sunday I think we will be ready to begin.  I will post pics of our time and activities during this Advent season.

That's Israel nest to the tree as we sort through the lights.
 

     As quilting is concerned I finally finished a quilt that I started almost six months ago. After I finished the top I noticed that there was a huge bow that caused it to curve and as a very new quilter I was heart broken.  So I went to the quilting shop that I purchase fabric from and showed the quilt top to the ladies at the shop and they all said that the only solution was to take it apart and redo it.  With that advise I brought it back home and put it in a box.  
     Finally I decided to take it back out and quilt it with the bow in it. I think it turned out just fine to only be a quilt for us around the house.





No comments:

Post a Comment