Thursday, October 4, 2012

Past, Present, and Seriously Considering



I know it has been forever since my last post but a lot of things have happened.

Past
Some of you may know how I was really wanting to get pregnant and wishing I would be creating a quilt for a little girl.  Well, I did and we were very happy but I was very sick(normal pregnancy stuff). There was little desire to do anything most days. Also the kids were starting school and I decided to give K12 a try, which has been overwhelming and we will not be registering for another year. 
   
  Sadly to say I am no longer pregnant due to a miscarriage. My family and I are doing fine and two weeks ago had a small memorial and burial for Joseph Bernard Mitchell.
Maybe one day I'll post a few entries to my feelings during this time.

Present
So now that I am no longer sick from being pregnant and have determined how much school we will do each day despite K12, I have time to do what I enjoy. 

So the quilt that I was working on for Lazarus Ministries is not done.  I am so........whats the word, disappointed in myself for not being done with it let alone raised any money for the cause. So I am going to finish it but not sure if it is fundraising worthy.

Because it is so big, I have decided to hand quilt it. 
AND I am starting today.


Seriously Considering
 I really want to taking upholstery classes and would love to use some of the same patterns that us quilters use to quilt and sew with on a chair, ottoman, couch, etc. So my question is.......

Is it possible to use the wonderful fabrics that most of us blog about on furniture and will it be durable? If not, is it possible to get these fabrics in upholstery form?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious little boy. Don't be too hard on yourself about the quilt...you've been putting your time in on other more important things, and that's okay. I'm no expert on upholstery, but look around online -- there may be some info on that somewhere.

    ReplyDelete