Wednesday, February 6, 2013

W.I.P

I didn't think it would happen today, but I've found some time to still away and share whats happening around the Mitchell house in the sewing department. I managed to finish quilting slanted lines in one direction on the vintage patchwork quilt. Not sure if I should quilt in the other direction or leave it as it  Nevertheless, the progress that has been made has me on target for goal for February.  

 

 The pictures below are of a project that is not on my list of To Do's for February, but I decided to go for it. My sister has asked me to make her a quilt for the longest time. She has always liked the Night Shade line by Tula Pink, so that's what we are going with.  Her pattern choice is granny squares with the request of a darker background than usual. So to use what I have, we are going with the leftovers of the Chambray black denim from the Gator's quilt.

Here are more picks of what I did today.




It looks as though I may be finish with the Gator's quilt by Sunday.
I will keep you posted on the happenings of The Quilting Diaries.



3 comments:

  1. Good for you to get some time to sew! Isn't it wonderful? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what fun to start a new project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sister will be thrilled with that quilt. Love the fabrics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete